1. Fill a large beaker [500ml] with cold water to near the top.
2. Tie a piece of thread around the rim of a small test tube and fill the test tube with hot, coloured water. [ A dilute solution of methylene blue will do.]
3. Lower the test tube containing the dyed water into the beaker filled with cold water.
4. Observe what happens to the hot water
Read the El Niño page.
1. Collect two 250ml beakers, fill one with hot water take care, and the other with cold water - leaving a 3cm gap to the rim each time.
2. Place an evaporating dish over the top of each beaker.
3. Observe the difference between the two after a minute.